- How can I register for the race?
Go to the registration link on the website and if the entry page says the race is still open, there will be a link to the sign up form.
- Are late registrations onsite possible?
Yes. You can sign-up for a race onsite with extra charge of 5€ (cash only).
- Is there a waiting list for the races when they are sold out?
- I’m unable to race. Can I transfer my entry or get a refund?
If you are unable to race due to medical reasons (injury), a 50% refund will be given by sending a medical proof by email to the race directors until June, 20th, 2023.
A transfer of your registration to another athlete is also possible until June, 28th, 2023. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How and where can I collect my race pack?
Where: secretariat at event location
When: on the race day from 9.30 am up to 30 min before your race
How: in person upon presentation of your ID and Triathlon Race License
Attention: there is a deposit of 20€ for the chip, payment on site in cash only; refundable after the competition at the exit of the parc fermé or at the secretariat
- I don’t have a Triathlon Race License – what can I do?
You can buy a day license onsite (cash only).
Adults – 10€
Kids – 4€
- Can someone else check-in/out my bike and collect my belongings?
No. You must check-in/out your bike and collect your belongings after the race personally upon presentation of your race number.
- Can I use my own swim cap?
No. You must wear the official swim cap provided.
- Is a wetsuit allowed?
Use of a wetsuit will be determined and announced by the race directors on the race day according to the water temperature.
- What kind of bike do I need?
Triathlon International d’Echternach (olympic distance) – a road bike or a gravel bike is authorised
All other distances (kids, sprints, relay …) – any bike you have
Forbidden for any race – the TT bike (= time trial, with aerobar extensions)
We suggest that you have your bike checked and tuned before the race to avoid any difficulties on the course. Note that athletes must be able to repair a puncture without assistance and should carry spare inner tubes and tools.
- What are the cut-off times ?
Time limits are valid only for the olympic distance of the Triatlon International d’Echternach: swim = 45 min, swim+bike = 2h45min.
- Where will results be posted?
They will be posted on our website here.
- Will there be food and water for the racers ?
There will be water on the run course and water, soft and ISO drinks, fruits and energy bars in the finish area.
- Will there be food for the spectators?
There will be a catering area in our Triathlon Village or you can use the Youth Hostel not far from the site.
- Is there medical support at the race?
Yes, an ambulance will be at race to manage injuries and medical needs.
- What about rain or bad weather?
The race will take place rain or shine.
- Will course maps be available at the race site?
Yes, you find course maps in the respective section on our website.